Last Updated on April 13, 2020
Ms office setup applications are a standard tool for many of us whether we are working at our workplace, working for an academic assignment, or simply doing some personal work. Regardless, I am certain that almost all of us have faced a situation where we have worked unbelievably hard on a document and are suddenly faced with the ugly truth of an app crash. If you have not been simultaneously saving your work, you feel even more anxiety for the fact that you may lose all of your hard work.
Regardless of how well oiled a machine is, there is always a risk. And the same risk runs with computer software and applications. So what can you do in a situation when your ms office setup application crashes on you? Or if it fails to open and work the way it normally functions? The ms office setup applications that can be affected by such an error or fault include the likes of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, and Publisher among others.
LAST SAVED DOCUMENT VERSION
If you have saved your file at least once before the app crashed, you will be able to recover the last saved version when you open the app.
OPEN YOUR BACKUP
- When working on your ms office setup app, go to the advanced section in the Word Options.
- Click on Always create a backup copy.
- Save the settings.
- This makes sure that you can recover your document even if your app crashes.
TRY DISABLING ADD-INS
Some add-ins can be the cause of app crashes in certain systems.
- Open the application in Safe mode by pressing the Control key and clicking on the app.
- You will see the add-ins if there are any.
- Disable them and restart the app to see if it works.
USE THE REGISTRY EDITOR
- Exit your ms office setup applications.
- Launch the Registry Editor by pressing down on the Windows Key and R simultaneously and typing in regedit.exe in the box.
- Choose this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\General.
- Find the ShownFirstRunOptin registry value and right click on it.
- Choose Modify and type 1 in the Value data box.
- Exit the registry and try to launch the apps again.
DOWNLOADING MS OFFICE SETUP
If you wish to start using ms office setup apps on your computer system as well, you can download it using the ms office setup product key after you enter it at ms office setup website. Simply go to office.com/setup, log in with your credentials, and enter the ms office setupkey website. Click on the download button and activate your applications to start using them. If your ms office setup app ever crashes on you, you can use the above mentioned ways to recover it and start using them again at optimum performance.