Last Updated on January 31, 2020
August 2016 updates for Get & Transform in Excel 2016 and the Power Query add-in
August 2016 updates for Get & Transform in Excel 2016 and the Power Exceed expectations 2016 incorporates an incredible new arrangement of highlights dependent on Power Query innovation, which gives quick, simple information assembling and molding abilities and can be gotten to through the Get and Transform segment on the Data strip.
Today, we are satisfied to report eight new information change and availability includes that have been mentioned by numerous clients.
These updates are accessible as a major aspect of an office.com/setup 365 membership. In the event that you are an Office 365 endorser, discover how to get these most recent updates. On the off chance that you have Excel 2010 or Excel 2013, you can likewise exploit these updates by downloading the most recent Power Query for Excel include.
- These updates incorporate the accompanying new or improved information network and change highlights:
- Upgraded SAP HANA connector—permit multi-select of qualities for factors and parameters.
- Improved OData connector—the choice to import Open Type sections from OData sustains.
- Upgraded Access DB connector—new Select Related Tables catch to “in the Navigator discourse.
- The choice to produce Step Names in English inside the Query Editor.
- Depiction for Query Steps inside the Query Editor.
- Concentrate Week, Day or Month name from a Date/Time segment from the Query Editor.
- Consolidation Dates and Times into a Date/Time segment from the Query Editor.
- Concentrate Start/End of Hour from a Date/Time or Time segment from the Query Editor.
Upgraded SAP HANA connector—permit multi-select of qualities for factors and parameters
With this update, clients would now be able to choose more than one incentive for a given variable or parameter when utilizing the SAP HANA connector. This can be accomplished by means of the Navigator exchange.
Improved OData connector—alternative to import Open Type sections from OData nourishes
The OData connector currently supports bringing in Open Type sections from OData encourages. Preceding this update, such sections were not bolstered in Power Query. This alternative is uncovered under the Advanced Options area in the OData connector exchange.
Upgraded Access DB connector—new Select Related Tables catch to “in the Navigator discourse
We improved the Access Database connector to empower clients to effectively choose related tables by including the Select Related Tables catch into the Navigator discourse. The conduct when clicking this catch is equivalent to for every single other database that as of now bolster this ability—it chooses all tables that have an immediate relationship to any of the effectively chosen tables.
The choice to create Step names in English inside the Query Editor
When making new Steps in the Query Editor dependent on changes from the strip, the default Step Names will be founded on the change name (i.e., SplitColumns, FilteredRows, and so forth.). These progression names will be confined to the present establishment language for Excel. go to the official website click here
With this update, we acquainted another alternative with enabling clients to change this default conduct so auto-produced step names utilize the English name for that change. This enables clients to add to a solitary Excel report utilizing different confined work area renditions, yet keep the Step names conspicuous by all gatherings (i.e., all in English of course). The new setup setting is accessible under Data > New Query > Global > Regional Settings for non-English establishments.
The portrayal for Query Steps inside the Query Editor
We additionally presented another Description field for Query Steps inside the Query Editor, which gives the clients a choice to record and give remarks to their question changes. The new Description field can be gotten to from the right-click menu on any Query Step > Properties… order.
Concentrate Week, Day or Month name from a Date/Time section from the Query Editor
With this update, the clients would now be able to remove the Week, Day or Month names from a given Date/Time section. We’ve made this accessible from the Query Editor lace—either through the Transform tab, to change a current section, or by means of the Add Column tab, to embed another one.
These two alternatives can be found under Date > Day > Name of Day and Date > Month > Name of Month separately. Note that the Day and Month names are restricted by the neighborhood setting for your present record (accessible under Data tab of the strip > New Query > Query Options > Current Workbook > Regional Settings for your Excel exercise manual).
Union Dates and Times into a Date/Time segment from the Query Editor
Another new change this month enables clients to consolidate a Date segment and a Time segment into a solitary Date/Time segment. This can be accomplished by choosing those two segments and clicking Combine Date and Time under Date or Time menus in the Transform or Add Columns tabs separately.
Concentrate Start/End of Hour from a Date/Time or Time segment from the Query Editor
The last new information change this month enables clients to effectively extricate the Start or End of an Hour dependent on a Date/Time or Time segment. These two choices can be found under the Time > Hour menu in the Transform and Add Column tabs. Get support for office set up by www.office.com/setup expert.
How would I begin?
Exceed expectations 2016 gives an amazing arrangement of abilities for quick, simple information assembling and forming, which is accessible under the Get and Transform area on the Data lace. Updates plot in this blog are accessible as a feature of an Office 365 membership. On the off chance that you are an Office 365 supporter, discover how to get these most recent updates. On the off chance that you have Excel 2010 or Excel 2013, you can likewise exploit these updates by downloading the most recent Power Query for Excel include.
- Study what’s happening in Excel 2016.
- Join our Excel people group on Facebook and Twitter.
- Send us your thoughts for different enhancements for our Excel UserVoice page.
- 4 must-haves in setting up a business email like an IT pro
- Introducing Outlook’s new and improved calendar on iOS and Android
- New usage reports for SharePoint Online OneDrive for Business and Exchange Online
- 5 project management software features your team isn’t using
- Office Lens comes to Windows 10 and adds Office 365 support
- Help with Office 365 advanced security capabilities and EMS integration at Ignite 2016